Sunday, September 11, 2005

Dear Grandpa

*NOTE* This is a letter to my Grandpa who died 4 years ago today... and no, it wasn't b/c of the twin towers or the pentagon. He died of some complications in the Philippines. Please pray for the families of the victims of 9/11.

Dear Grandpa,

This letter is a little late, I know. But I just have some things to say.

I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better while you were still alive because we were 2 worlds apart. I know I could have called more often, but with the hustle and bustle that has become my life, I didn't.

I'm also sorry mom and I didn't get on a plane right away for the funeral. A second after I found out about your death, I found out about the twin towers. Grandma understood why we couldn't go, but I still felt bad.

But I am glad I did get to know you in the 3 times I've seen you in my 24 years of life. I learned a lot of things from you and even though you're in heaven right now, I still need to learn a few things from you.

You were probably the reason why I wanted to go to law school in the first place, but I decided not to for different reasons. Please don't be disappointed.

I still need to stop the little bursts of a smoking habit I have had. I know you've died from some complications from it. I should stop and I'm getting there. Mom needs to stop too.

Anyways... I guess that's it. I love you, Grandpa. Watch over us.

Love,
J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home