Friday, August 19, 2005

I Miss Who??

*Disclaimer* It’s 7, 8, 9 (whatever time I end this) in the freakin morning. It has nothing to do with how I feel right now… except for the fact I can’t fall back asleep. Starbucks will do that to you.

Anyways…

As you may know, thus far, my summer is ending on a great note, but now, I’m just missing “Malibu”.

I miss him as a friend, mind you. Not as a love interest because Lord knows I don’t need anymore heart break in my life.

But he really is sweet (despite his ways of getting me out of the house)… and always wants to see me, but at odd hours (he works weird hours).

Yeah, I should really explain what I mean but “his ways of getting me out of the house” (Hazel knows this). At one point, I haven’t talked to him in forever due to my being busy for my friend’s wedding and such. So, he calls (actually texts, but calling sounds normal) me out of the blue saying he really needed to tell me something that he couldn’t tell me over the phone or online.

So what’s a girl to think when a guy tells her this? I seriously thought he was going to say he was dying… or worse (like saying the L-word when I hardly know him).

Anyway, through much urging, I go see him at a weird ass hour. I hung out with Hazel for a while and watched Mulan 2 (which I totally missed the ending. Sad, I know). I was so freaking nervous to find out what was so important that he couldn’t tell me over the phone or online.

He said “I’m moving back here next semester.”

I just sat there, staring at my shoes.

In my mind, I was going, “What the flippin fuck? That’s it?? That’s the huge thing I was so worried about?”

He thought I would be more excited. Heck, I thought he was going to die or something. Then I asked him why couldn’t he tell me this over the phone?

“I wanted to see you,” he said.

*insert collective “AWWWWWWWW”*

I really don’t know how to take this. I’ll leave it as is and just say that was kinda sweet in a deranged kind of way.

Every once in a while, I’ll see him. He even invited me to go to California this week, but alas, my rational side had to take over and say “Don’t do it. You hardly know the guy.” So I turned him down and we were sad.

He still wants me to go visit him in Abilene when he goes to school over there. I might just do that when I need a break from the city.

Anyway, I miss him. That’s all I gotta say. He may miss me too. I don’t know. I’m supposed to see him when he lands tomorrow night.

That’s it for now. I’m gonna try to get some sleep.

Stay fabulous, my pretties. Ciao!

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, August 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol...that was annoying that night!! sheesh he coulda told you on the phone and you wouldnt have missed that thoroughly predictable ending to mulan 2. hahaha...

anyway, be careful janie. if all else fails, i'll be your love interest. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home