Thursday, July 14, 2005

Fun With The Girls

Finally had some down time with just the bridesmaids this past week. No pics... only b/c they're camera shy and I need to pick up new batteries for it.

Anyway... Tuesday, we did some shopping for the wedding/bridal shower/bachelorette party. I could bore you with details, but I decided not to. It was fun though and I know if I had pics, I would show them.

Yesterday, we took a peek inside Qudsia's culture.

You see, while Lauren is Catholic/Welsh and I'm Catholic/Filipino, Qudsia is Muslim/Pakistani, which is a whole different world than what we're used to.

She took us to Richardson while she did some errands. We had lunch at this amazing resturant called Zyka. Oh gosh, it was delish!! Pakistani (am I saying that right? please tell me if I'm not)food is really spicy, but neither of us minded... especially if there was a yogurt (plain with onions and spices) dip to make it less spicy. We had chili chicken and chicken 69 (which had a little curry in it and was a bit dry) with mint yogurt and tamarind dipping sauces. Oh yeah... we also had some rice with spicy meat underneath it (I don't know what kind of meat but I know it can't be beef for religious reasons). It was just an experience and it was really good!!

Then we went next door to get threaded. Threading is another way to to remove facial hair since ancient times and still used to this day. I just wanted to clean up my eye brows a little bit. I wish I could tell you what they did, but I had my eyes closed the whole time. All I know is they use ordinary thread, isolate the hair and pull it out by the root. It stung a little, but a heck of a lot better than waxing.

And cheaper too. It was only 4 bucks!!

Then we went back to Qudsia's to do the candy favors for the bridal shower. You'd think I would be so sick of chocolate now.

While we waited for the chocolates to set, Lauren and I talked about the days in high school. I never knew we lived such different lives in high school even though we were in colorguard together. I also never knew Ryan (my "ex") started rumors about her. I'm just glad she and I finally got in touch after all these years. She's right... she's the only one who got out and (by choice) stayed out.

As Lauren went home, I stayed there for dinner. Qudsia and I talked for a little bit and I really appreciate her more now. She is a wonderful friend and I really hope we'll be friends even after this wedding.

I met her husband and her mother-in-law... and her little neices and nephews. They were also very nice.

Anyway... sorry, this seems like a rush. I'm just tried and want to go take a shower.

Ciao, my pretties.

2 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, July 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

B's mom always does threading. Sounds kinda funky to me! :)

 
At 10:57 AM, July 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i love threading.
the lady that does my eyebrows does it all, she waxes strays first, trims, threads, and then plucks whatever is left.

awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home